Not-for-profit organizations face unique challenges as they answer to a wide array of constituents: their Board of Directors, donors, the government, the general public and, most importantly, the people they serve. BST’s Not-for-Profit Industry Service Group helps these organizations run non-profit management operations more efficiently so they can spend more time and resources on achieving their missions and less on administrative and financial concerns.
Our Not-for-Profit Industry Services Group has the knowledge and expertise to assist management and boards in meeting fiduciary responsibilities for accountability, protecting and allocating the organization’s resources while instilling confidence, trust and fiscal integrity. We take pride in getting to know each client’s specific needs as well as understanding the general needs and requirements of the not-for-profit environment. We manage each engagement by selecting individuals with the appropriate levels of knowledge and experience, allowing us to be as cost effective as possible, which in turn allows your organization to maximize its effectiveness.
BST has established a strong reputation among not-for-profit organizations, including private and public benefit 501(c)(3) corporations, charitable organizations and trusts, trade and professional associations, private and charter schools, the religious sector, cooperatives, volunteer groups and private clubs.
• Financial Statement Audits, Reviews & Compilations
• Audits of federal awards in compliance with Uniform Guidance,
program audits and other federal and state compliance reporting.
• Employee benefit plan audits
• Exempt organization tax return preparation, planning and compliance
• Review and evaluation of internal controls, policies and procedures
• Fraud risk assessments and investigation services
• Cost allocation development and reviews
• Annual budget preparation and strategic planning
• Cash Flow forecasting
• Benchmarking and best practice models
• Accounting for alternative investments
• Financing alternatives and debt compliance
• Endowment accounting and consultation
• Split interest gift agreement accounting and consultation
BST’s Not-for-Profit Industry Service Group has developed the innovative Impact Series, Maximize your Mission. These events are held throughout the year, and are designed to bring together not-for-profit leaders and professionals as well as community partners, under one roof to discuss the issues facing our not-for-profit sector and to develop possible strategies as to how our organizations can work together to drive engagement and visibility to vital causes.
Recent topics have included: