Lisa M. Smith
For close to three decades Lisa Smith has partnered with clients to provide them with the accounting and business insights they need to run successful businesses. She has a broad background in accounting, auditing, risk assessments, and internal controls and has a special focus on employee benefits plans and businesses in the commercial, retail, and manufacturing sectors. She is a Six Sigma Black Belt, leads the Transaction Advisory Services and Manufacturing, Wholesale, Retail, and Distribution teams, is a member of the firm’s Pension Audit Services Group and previously served as the Firm’s Quality Control Leader.
Along with her passion to help clients, she is equally passionate about promoting careers in accounting. She often speaks to Capital District High School students about careers in accounting and taught accounting classes at Siena College and at The University of Phoenix Online for 10 years.
Originally from Troy, NY, Lisa now calls Colonie home. Outside of the office, she enjoys cooking (especially her mother’s delicious Italian recipes), cross-training, and spending time with her family.
“What I love about this profession is that it’s different every day. As clients journey through their businesses, their needs change. It feels so rewarding when I can provide them the information and services to help them succeed.”
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Accounting, Siena College
- Master’s in Business Administration, University of Phoenix
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Member of the Board of directors and Treasurer of the Arts Center of the Capital Region
- Past president of the board of directors of the NYSSCPA Albany Chapter
- Past member of several community youth athletic boards and committees