Paul M. Petell
With a special focus on professional services firms and not-for-profits, Paul M. Petell has been serving clients and helping them make smarter organizational decisions for close to 30 years.
He provides a wide range of services including audits, reviews, compilations, financial statement preparation, business consulting, merger integration, internal control documentation and testing and compliance audits.
In his spare time, Paul loves to golf, work out, and spend time outdoors. Originally from Malone, he now calls Niskayuna home with his wife and his three step-children.
“I have always loved numbers and my high school guidance counselor pointed me in the direction of accounting. I still love working with numbers but enjoy helping my clients succeed in their businesses and solve their problems too. There’s nothing better than having a client satisfied when we’ve been able to solve a problem that’s been plaguing them.”
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, SUNY Plattsburgh (summa cum laude)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Former treasurer of the Mohawk Golf Club in Schenectady, N.Y. (2007-2015)
- Former board member/officer of Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Founder/presenter of SmartUp Entrepreneur program established by the Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Active member of the northeast Medical Group Managers Association