Tips for Holiday Office Party Planning During Covid-19
With many workers still remote and gathering restrictions increasing as infection rates rise, 2020 is absolutely the year to re-imagine the company holiday party. This is a great opportunity to create an engaging experience that boosts morale and team bonding while keeping employees safe and avoiding Zoom fatigue.
Here are tips to help maintain your company culture, connect with employees and celebrate this holiday season:
- Host a virtual game night for large or small groups. Scavenger hunts, escape rooms, trivia, murder mysteries, casino night, game shows or board games create fun competition and encourage teamwork.
- Entertain with virtual musicians, magicians or comedians.
- Send dinner kits to employee homes and host a “Create Your Own Meal” with virtual instructors.
- Build something such as gingerbread houses and hold a virtual contest to award first place, most creative, most festive, etc.
- Host a virtual wine or beer tasting with a sommelier or craft beer expert.
- Send decorations, props and snack kits such as cookie making kits to employee homes.
- If you typically cater your event, consider food delivery for the whole family directly to your employees’ homes. Get help from Grubhub, Doordash, UberEats or other local delivery options.
- Focus on well-being and hire a coach to host virtual meditation, mindfulness or yoga classes.
- Show your appreciations in the form of a bonus or extra time off.
- Organize a virtual volunteering or fundraising event. Offer to match employees’ contributions to their favorite charity.
Holiday celebrations will undoubtedly look different this year, but it’s important to recognize your employees for their hard work and dedication during an unprecedented year. Building and maintaining social connections in the workplace has never been more important than it is now. We encourage you to design a unique way to celebrate, bring your team together and reinforce your company culture and values.
BST has experienced human resources consultants available to discuss the best options for your company holiday celebration in 2020. For more information, call us at 518-459-6700 or visit us online at www.BSTco.com.
Posted on December 1, 2020 at 1:00 PM