James W. Cole
For more than 30 years, James W. Cole has served clients in both the public and private arenas, gaining a reputation for his expertise and ability to keep up with the ever-changing areas of corporate, partnership, and individual taxation. He primarily focuses his time on tax planning for closely-held businesses and their owners, including merger and acquisition consulting, ownership transition, and estate planning. His client base is concentrated in the real estate/construction and professional services industries.
Earlier in his career, Jim was a tax manager for a national accounting firm, a CFO of a real estate development group, and was an adjunct faculty member at Siena College.
Raised in Horseheads, NY, Jim now lives in Guilderland, NY with his wife Emmy. Away from the office, you can find him at the beach or reading (or both!), golfing and immersed in NPR and TED Talks.
“Problem-solving is a passion of mine, especially complex matters. I enjoy coming up with creative solutions to client problems.”
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Rochester Institute of Technology
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Member
• Regional Food Bank of Northeastern NY Treasurer
• Colonie Senior Services Treasurer
• Former Board Member:
- New York State Special Olympics
- Capital Region Chamber of Commerce
- Capital Repertory Theatre