Dorothy Bagnato, Race Track Chaplaincy of America
I am very satisfied working with Lynda Smith for the audit for many years and Mark Gorczyca on the tax returns. They always let me know what they need from me and I try to supply it in a timely fashion.
OUR CLIENTS SAY IT BEST
The skill level and professionalism was beyond what I had expected.
Darryl Leggieri, Saratoga Convention & Tourism Bureau
They understand my organization, run it like they own it, and take the busy work away from me.
Gary Ginsberg, Temple Israel of Albany
BST has been a tremendous asset to our Synagogue. The team brought a professionalism, dedication, and deep knowledge base that has helped us greatly. We are very lucky to have found a strong partner in BST.
Stephen Acquario, New York State Association of Counties
The care and concern and attention to detail sets BST apart. The staff puts the time in so the client has all the facts whether are positive or negative and works with the client to address both. Excellent workers.
Our Not-for-Profit Industry Services Group has the knowledge and expertise to assist management and boards in meeting fiduciary responsibilities for accountability, protecting and allocating the organization’s resources while instilling confidence, trust and fiscal integrity. We take pride in getting to know each client’s specific needs as well as understanding the general needs and requirements of the not-for-profit environment. We manage each engagement by selecting individuals with the appropriate levels of knowledge and experience, allowing us to be as cost effective as possible, which in turn allows your organization to maximize its effectiveness.
BST has established a strong reputation among not-for-profit organizations, including private and public benefit 501(c)(3) corporations, charitable organizations and trusts, trade and professional associations, private and charter schools, the religious sector, cooperatives, volunteer groups and private clubs.
Accounting & Tax Services
- Financial Statement Audits, Reviews & Compilations
- Audits of federal awards in compliance with Uniform Guidance, program audits and other federal and state compliance reporting.
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Exempt organization tax return preparation, planning and compliance
- Review and evaluation of internal controls, policies and procedures
- Fraud risk assessments and investigation services
- Cost allocation development and reviews
Consulting & Specialized Services
- Annual budget preparation and strategic planning
- Cash Flow forecasting
- Benchmarking and best practice models
- Accounting for alternative investments
- Financing alternatives and debt compliance
- Endowment accounting and consultation
- Split interest gift agreement accounting and consultation
BST's Not-for-Profit Industry Service Group has developed the innovative Impact Series, Maximize your Mission. These events are held throughout the year, and are designed to bring together not-for-profit leaders and professionals as well as community partners, under one roof to discuss the issues facing our not-for-profit sector and to develop possible strategies as to how our organizations can work together to drive engagement and visibility to vital causes.
Recent topics have included:
- Implementing the New Lease Accounting Standard: A Practical Application for Not-for-Profit Organizations
- New Financial Reporting Rules for Nonprofit Organizations - What You Need to Know
- Cybersecurity: Is Your Organization at Risk?
- Engaging your Target Audience: The Ultimate Guide to Marketing your Not-for-Profit
- Intelligent Giving in the Digital Age
- How to Survive Change in the Not-for-Profit Community
Let's get started! Call us today if you think our Not-For-Profit services are right for you.