Michael Cohen, Town of Bethlehem
The staff, from the associate level to the partner, have all been responsive. They understand the issues and can reasonably discuss issues.
OUR CLIENTS SAY IT BEST
Ease of reaching staff. Knowledge of the requirements of my audit. Working around my schedule and responsiveness of auditor and partner in charge of my account. Sending updates relating to my work.
Jack Mcnulty III, Village of Green Island
BST's knowledge of Green Island's operations makes for an efficient and time saving process.
More than ever before, government organizations are managing their operations, resources, and services with less money and more restrictive budgets. BST has a team that consists of more than 25 staff who have dedicated their careers to serving public sector clients. This team is trained in providing a range of services from traditional auditing, accounting, and financial consulting to highly diverse and specialized assignments to address the requirements and meet the needs of our government and municipal clients.
The firm has extensive experience serving governments of all types and sizes throughout the State of New York, ranging from the local municipalities to large State level public authorities.
- Fire Districts
- State Level Authorities
- County Level Authorities
- City Level Authorities
- Town Level Authorities
- Village Level Authorities
- Accounting and recording systems for the development of work orders, time allocation and fixed asset records
- Acquisition or valuation studies
- Annual budget reviews
- Assistance with Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR)
- Assistance with U.S. GAAP financial statement conversions from regulatory basis.
- Development of indirect cost proposals and plans in accordance with OMB Circular A-87 and Uniform Guidance
- Employee benefits alternatives assessments
- Escrow verifications for debt refinancing
- Expert witness and valuation services for eminent domain condemnation proceedings
- Feasibility and utility rate revision studies (water, sewer and electric)
- Fidelity bond claim preparation
- Fraud, defalcation and malfeasance research and documentation
- Internal cost allocation studies
- Records reconstruction
- Revenue bond issuance and refinancing research and documentation
- Revenue generation/cost reduction studies
- Assistance with Accounting Standard Implementations
- Utility Rate Revision Studies (Water, Sewer, and Electric)
- Records Reconstruction, including Capital Assets
- Assistance with Comprehensive Annual Financial Reporting
- Budget Preparation/Consultation
- Fraud, Defalcation and Malfeasance Research and Documentation
- Forensic Audit of Books and Records of Tax Certiorari Claimant
Let's get started! Call us today if you think our Government services are right for you.