Joseph A. Torani
Joseph “Joe” Torani is a Senior Partner with BST Co. Having honed his skills over the last half-century, he provides considerable accounting expertise in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, bank financing, refinancing, and long-term strategic planning. Joe serves a variety of clients, including family-held businesses, contractors, developers, closely-held businesses, wholesale distributors, and numerous service-based businesses, with a special focus on construction, real estate, and manufacturing and distribution.
He is an advisory member of the firm’s Board of Directors and formerly served as Managing Partner of BST Co. for 35 years. In addition to his work with firm clients, Joe is an adjunct professor in the State University of New York System, where he lectures on accounting and tax issues.
Originally from Amsterdam, NY, Joe now lives in Saratoga Springs. Outside of the office, he loves to indulge his passion for good wine, great food, and fun travel.
“Two things I love about what I do are assisting clients and mentoring the firm’s staff. It is very satisfying to see a client achieve their goals and know that I’ve helped members of the firm achieve theirs as well.”
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, University at Albany, SUNY
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Former finance chairman of the New York State Oversight Board for the New York Racing Association
- Chairman of the Saratoga Race Course Advisory Board
- Former president of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (Northeast Chapter)
- Former board member of the Eastern Contractors Association
- Former board member of St. Catherine’s Center for Children
- LaSallien Benefactor Award recipient from the LaSalle School (1999)
- Adjunct professor in the State University of New York System, lecturing on accounting and tax issues