William C. Freitag
Bill was named a Partner of BST in 1998. Prior to becoming a Partner, he was a senior manager in the Firm’s auditing and accounting department. Bill is a lead partner of the Firm’s Governmental and Municipal Services Group and is also the partner-in-charge of all the Firm’s audits of Employee Benefit Plans. Bill is a recent graduate of RSM McGladrey’s Partner Development Program, an eighteen month program designed to enhance both leadership and business development skills. As a result of his efforts within this program, Bill was awarded with the program’s highest honor.
In addition to managing the Firm’s governmental and municipal electric utility audits, Bill has significant experience in regulatory compliance, utility rate making, cash flow analysis, fixed asset valuations, and record reconstruction. Bill has developed and presented various programs related to governmental and municipal utility accounting at the Annual Accounting and Finance Workshop of the Municipal Electric Utilities Association. Through his utility audit experience, Bill is recognized as an expert in complex rate making and cost accounting issues. Bill has also developed and presented various programs related to employee benefit plan audits to both our internal staff as well as external organizations.
- The New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Government Finance Officers Association, the Association of Government Accountants
- Municipal Electric Utilities Association of New York State
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from C.W. Post College, Long Island University
- Member of the Saratoga County Chamber of Commerce
- Director of Senior Baseball Operations for the Ballston Spa Junior Baseball League