State and Local Taxes (SALT)
Staying compliant in 50 states and thousands of local jurisdictions, when tax laws continuously change, can be overwhelming. State and local taxes impact individuals and companies of various sizes and industries. For example, a remote employee or a sale of a certain amount even without physical presence may trigger a filing requirement. The SALT team at BST has the technical and industry knowledge to help identify areas of risk, provide strategies to reduce tax liabilities, and resolve tax controversies.
BST provides a variety of State and Local Tax services including:
- Preparation of state income and franchise tax returns
- Multi-state nexus analysis and planning
- Sales and use tax
- Income, franchise, and gross receipts tax
- Payroll tax
- Sales sourcing review
- Voluntary disclosure agreement (VDA)
- Multi-state tax controversy assistance
- Merger and acquisition due diligence
At BST, we are driven by our ability to advise you as you grow, design a customized plan for your financial wellness, and help every client achieve their goals.