Thomas A. Hutson
Thomas is a Partner with the firm’s Valuation and Litigation Group at BST. In addition to years of experience in auditing, accounting, and financial statement and income tax preparation, Thomas has specialized in business valuation and forensic accounting, and financial services since 1994. Since 1996 he has devoted his practice almost exclusively to these specialties.
He is a Certified Public Accountant, Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He has provided testimony in support of his findings and opinions in New York State Supreme Court in Westchester, Kings, New York, Ulster, Schenectady, Rensselaer and Albany counties; and in Somerset County, N.J. Thomas has been appointed by the New York State Supreme Court as a business appraiser, professional license appraiser and pension appraiser.
Thomas received his ABV credential in 1988 and has extensive experience in the preparation of business valuation reports for privately held companies in a wide variety of industries and for professional practices. He has also valued other securities and assets including professional licenses, advanced degrees, enhanced earnings capacities, participants’ interests in retirement plans and executive compensation award plans, stock options and intangibles.
Additionally, he has conducted engagements and prepared reports summarizing his findings, analyses, and conclusions for use in litigation, including the determination and quantification of unreported income and assets, the identification of abusive, improper or unfair business practices, support modification proceedings in divorce actions, and other matters.
He resides in Guilderland, Albany County, N.Y.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, University at Albany, SUNY (summa cum laude) Admitted into Beta Gamma Sigma, National Business Honor Society
- Member of the Litigation Services Committee and the Business Valuation Committee of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member of the Financial Planning Association and the Estate Planning Council of Eastern New York