Thomas A. Hutson
Thomas (Tom) A. Hutson, a Partner at BST since 2003, brings more than 30 years of experience to client matters. Tom is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV), Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF), and is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®). These accreditations and certifications enhance the support he delivers to clients and leaves no stone unturned.
In addition to his years of experience in auditing, accounting, and financial statement and income tax preparation, Tom has specialized in business valuation, litigation support, and financial forensic services since 1994. He has worked on over 1,000 business and professional practice valuation and financial forensic assignments in a myriad of industries. Additionally, he has analyzed and valued participants’ interests in retirement plans, executive compensation award plans, stock options, carried interests, incentive fees, profits interests, and intangibles. He has also conducted forensic engagements including tracing analyses, lifestyle analyses, unreported income and hidden asset investigations, fraudulent conveyance and corporate veil investigations, and other financial analyses. Tom has provided testimony in support of his findings and opinions in New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts and has been court-appointed as a business, professional license, and pension appraiser.
“One of the things I enjoy most is solving financial puzzles. When a client brings me an issue that has no easy answer, I thrive on being able to piece together what is needed. Helping people resolve challenging problems and address difficult circumstances is very rewarding.”
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, University at Albany, SUNY (summa cum laude) Admitted into Beta Gamma Sigma, National Business Honor Society
- Member of the Litigation Services Committee and the Business Valuation Committee of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member of the Financial Planning Association and the Estate Planning Council of Eastern New York