Mergers & Acquisitions
No business venture is riskier than planning an acquisition. If a pre-acquisition is preformed beforehand, you have an opportunity to anticipate and negotiate critical business issues that oftentimes emerge too late. BST analyzes every aspect of your business to ensure a successful acquisition, including:
- Product lines and markets
- Operations, including plant facilities, production, purchasing, inventories, and costing
- Human resources
- Management styles and practices
- Research and development
- Legal matters
- Financial considerations, such as:
- Operating results
- Due diligence on earnings
- Cash flow projection analysis
- Balance review sheet
- Financing and capital structure
- Financial management
- Data processing
- Insurance and taxes
- Contingent liabilities
- Return on investment
- Break even analysis
The benefits of a pre-acquisition review include:
- An assessment of the risk involved in a potential acquisition.
- Verification of selected assets.
- Identification of unrecorded or contingent liabilities.
- Information relevant to structuring and pricing the acquisition.
While we have worked successfully with companies competing in a diverse array of business sectors, we understand the benefits gained from specialization and offer particular expertise in many distinct industries including manufacturing, service, distribution/supply, construction, medical providers, and travel and leisure.
Our advisors are members of the industry’s leading professional organizations such as:
- M&A Source
- International Business Brokers Association (IBBA)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)