Katie E. Stott
Katie is a partner in the firm's valuation, forensic and litigation group. She is involved in the conduct of valuation studies of privately-held business enterprises, professional licenses, advanced academic degrees, stock options and professional practices for a variety of circumstances, including matrimonial proceedings and other litigation matters.
Katie has also been involved in numerous forensic accounting engagements for municipalities, school districts and private companies. She has experience in the areas of embezzlement, corporate and individual tax fraud as well as other cases involving the misappropriation of assets.
Prior to joining BST in 2013, Katie spent five years working as a tax professional for a public accounting firm where she gained a strong knowledge of a variety of tax issues and concepts. Katie has also had significant exposure to the audit profession during her career.
Katie is a Certified Public Accountant, Accredited in Business Valuation and intends to obtain her Certified Fraud Examiner designation in the coming months. She is a member of the AICPA and NYSSCPA.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University at Albany, 2007
- Master of Science in Taxation, University at Albany, 2008
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Member – The Capital District Women’s Bar Association (CDWBA)
- Capital Region Chamber Leadership Tech Valley Class of 2019