Michelle Muir is a Valuation, Forensics and Litigation Senior Manager at BST & Co, CPAs. In her role, she helps clients with their forensic accounting needs, with a particular focus on fraud investigations and business valuations.
Michelle has over 20 years of experience investigating fraud. Her background includes forensic accounting and audit work at one of the “Big Four” accounting firms as well as in-house forensic accounting work at NYC and Capital Region law firms. Along with her Certified Public Accountant designation, she is also certified in Financial Forensics and is a Chartered Accountant.
Originally from Scotland, Michelle now resides in Saratoga Springs, NY with her husband and son. Outside of the office, you can find Michelle training for marathons, skiing, doing yoga, and traveling.
“I am fascinated by the factors and environments that cause corporations and individuals to commit fraud and misappropriate assets. I love investigating fraud and helping clients achieve their goals.”
- Bachelor of Accountancy with Honors – The University of Glasgow
Memberships & Volunteerism
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants Member
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Member
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland Member
- Saratoga Shakespeare Company Board of Trustees Member and Treasurer
- Saratoga Hospital Foundation Cantina Fun Run Committee Member